Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December Fun

They're starting a band. I just love Emerson's one glove, one shoe look she's rockin'.



Easton LOVES to feed herself. She does what we call the swoop... ...and stuff.


Easton and Hadleigh look more like sisters than Easton and Emerson do, I think. Funny how when kids are just 10 months apart it seems like an eternity but it's neat when the age gap starts to close and they can begin playing together.

So Emerson has the big "e" above her bed and poor Easton had nothing. I saw some letters in my Pottery Barn Kids catalog and they were made of twigs. We have an abundance of twigs in our backyard in a pile that Ryan has made so I randomly showed him the picture and one Sunday while the girls and I napped he whipped up an "E" for Easton.
Seriously- how great is he? It actually turned out better than the magazine picture. He'll make you one for the right price... :)

Helping me set up our nativity set.

Emerson was in the program at church and they sang two songs- she did great. I always think she's going to be shy in new situations but she never ceases to amaze me and just adapt and hop right into whatever activity is going on. It sure makes my life easier as I'm dropping her off different places.


Emerson's parent watch night at dance class was last night and let me tell you, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Without sounding like a stage mom (which I totally already am) she was just amazing and listened to her teachers and did what she was told and did the best bear crawls and log rolls I've ever seen. It's always fascinating to see your kids in social situations to see how they interact around other kids and how they obey adults. I'm hyper-aware of her because she's not put in those situations very often. I can take a moment to give myself a quick pat on the back because she is one well-adjusted and sweet little girl. Her first recital is tomorrow night and you bet I'll be taking a million pictures... I'm such a proud mama.

No comments: