Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Longest Pregnancy Ever

We went to the doctor again yesterday and I'm still dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced. No news there. He did say he could induce me next Tuesday (the 16th, the day after my due date) but he and I have talked about how I don't really want to be induced. I'd like to just let nature take its course even if I go over a week or so. Call me crazy, I just don't want to mess with Mother Nature and if the baby is still healthy, I'd rather wait. He said he likes women to "labor on their own" as well so we're in agreeance there. It's much easier to make that decision during the day than when I'm trying to sleep with a 9 pound infant sitting on my lungs making it impossible to breathe at night. :)
So we made another appointment for next Wednesday, 2 days after my due date and we'll go from there. Maybe I'll go before then, who knows.

Now on to Miss Emerson...

This shot is really more for her outfit than anything else. I've gotten more mileage out of those furry boots and her skinny jeans- it's sort of ridiculous how cute it is...


She is her father's daughter for sure...

This is how I found her yesterday- she goes comatose when watching Dora...

She'll say, "fly daddy!" This is what she means.

A good hair day. I'm not jealous...


Well hopefully my next post will be all about our new addition and how easy and painless my labor was and how the baby is already sleeping through the night... A girl can dream, right???

3 comments:

beth said...

Thinking of you....can't wait to meet little baby #2

Brandon, Kelly, Peyton & Kamryn Yoder said...

Hang in there and we can't wait to hear the good news.

Karyn said...

just think -- 3 less cm of work you have to do when the real thing happens!

sending you lots and lots of natural pitocin hormones your way!