Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back to Back Parties!

My cousin, Debbie, had her son Brayden's 3rd birthday party at McDonalds and Emerson was very excited to see what a Playland looked like. It was great getting together with everyone and I got to meet Addie for the first time! We had a great day and I'm sure it won't be the last time we're hanging out at a McDonalds!

Addie was checking out Emerson's Bumbo...

Watching the big kids play! (And her new favorite pastime, sucking on her wrist...)

The whole group together- quite a feat!



The next night, Jonathan and Amber and Ryan and I threw my mom a fancy schmancy retirement party at Ophelia's. I got to thinking about who could watch Emerson and all of the people I normally would ask were going to be at the party. Okay- so "all of the people" is my mom, but anyway... I asked Jennifer (Benson) Cross if she was up to the task and I knew she would be. Emerson and Morgan (Jen's 3 1/2 year old) are eerily similar in that they are/were just pretty high maintenance babies so I knew Jennifer would understand Emerson's "quirks." (Isn't that a nice way of putting it???) This would also be the first time someone who wasn't my mom or my Aunt Junia or Ryan's parents watched Emerson so I was just nervous for Jen. We never know how Emerson will be since she won't take a bottle and the solids thing is relatively new. So Ryan took Emerson to Jennifer's while I helped Amber and Jonathan and the Hales set up the room at Ophelia's. It looked amazing and pretty much every person we invited was able to come and my mom was very grateful. Jen sent me texts and pictures of their evening which put me at ease. As you can see from the pictures below, I worried for absolutely nothing! Which is bad news for the Cross clan because I'll be asking them to babysit a whole lot more!

The sign in table and amazing flowers my cousins sent.

The beautiful centerpieces Debi Hale arranged.

Grices/Woods/Dudley!

Mom and me!

Morgan "holding" Emerson...

She loved the Cinderella phone! I tried to get her one when I was at the mall the other day but the Disney store had already closed... Dang!

I called Jen when I was on my way to pick Emerson up and Chad said Emerson was sleeping. I was so surprised I didn't say anything for a second and I think Chad thought I was upset because she was asleep. I was just so shocked because it takes an act of God for her to fall asleep without her normal "ritual" (swaddling then nursing...) Jen is the baby whisperer!

Again, this NEVER happens with me!!!


Thank you so much, Jen! It was great to have the night out to celebrate my mom's retirement and knowing Emerson was in such good hands! You're the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do you hate me? seriously?

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of party animals! You guys look so happy :).