Friday, July 25, 2008

Out of town and back to work and new a computer, oh my!

Holy cow, my head is still spinning from the weekend and week we've had. It started last weekend when my mom, Amber, and Amber's mom, Debi and I went to the Ozarks for the day and night. It was a fun getaway but the longest I'd been away from Miss Emerson. We left at 7 am on Saturday and didn't get back until about 2 on Sunday. Ryan had his parents come into town for reinforcement. I can't say I blame him... She did great for them and I think it was nice for them to hang out with her without me being a helicopter mom. (You know, hovering...)
Our resort was beautiful and it was so relaxing just laying out, shopping at the outlets and enjoying a great dinner.

This was the view from our room. I was so excited to lay out, I got very badly burned...




When I got back from the Ozarks, we decided to take Emerson "swimming"...




While I was gone, Ryan and his parents went to Costco and bought us a new home computer. Very long story short, Ryan won a computer while he was at a work conference but the computer he won was a mini-laptop about the size of a portable DVD player. Not too conducive for viewing and storing pictures. So we sold it on E-bay and with the cash we updated my old computer from college which was still running Windows 98. You can see why I'm so excited. I used to have to wait until Ryan got home from work to use his work laptop to do anything online because I couldn't stand how slow the other computer was. I'm so excited to have the Internet during the day! I'm like a normal person now! And, I'll be the best blogger ever since I don't have to wait until 10 pm to do updates...




THEN, last Monday while at Bunco, I was talking to NFTS (Nicole Fisher) about her job at Smokehouse. She suggested I get a job there a few nights a week to make some extra money. She still works there a couple of shifts a week and she said she makes pretty decent money. Well lo and behold, I started on Monday and haven't stopped going since! I trained every night this week and after not being on my feet for a year and a half, this week has been really hard, physically! I worked at Stephenson's for many years so I thought this would be an easy transition but the menu at Smokehouse is about quadruple the size so learning the menu has been the hardest part. Anywho- I'll be working at Smokehouse a couple of days a week so if you're in the mood for some good barbecue, hopefully Nicole or I can help you out!!! My first day on my own is tomorrow during the day and I'm a nervous wreck...

Have a great weekend! (I just noticed our old computer there in the background. Good riddance!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, what's the house / hotel in the top picture with the pool? Is that in the Ozarks, and where is it? We've been trying to think of a good relatively close place to spend a vacation and that looks really nice! Where is it and what is it? Is it someone's house or a hotel? Can't tell from the pics.

I hear Emerson and Ashley got to meet at Gymboree yesterday and Lyda says Emerson is just a complete doll. Sounds very cute. :)

Maybe we'll see you at Smokehouse sometime!

Carrie said...

We stayed at the Lodge of the Four Seasons at the Ozarks. It was awesome and I highly recommend it. It was a bit pricy but since there were 4 of us splitting it, it was manageable. ($50 each.) We stayed in the "pool side lanai" rooms and they were very close to the pool, as you could see! I really liked going to the Ozarks because it was only 2 1/2 hours away but you were still by the lake and pool and it was still very vacationy... Let me know if you have any other questions!

The Gymboree class was so great- it was awesome getting to see Ashley in person! She certainly looks like her dad!

Lyda and I will have to get these girls together- especially since she's off for good!

Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I've heard of it. We've gone to BIG CEDAR LODGE several times and we love it but it's getting ridiculously pricey (like 400 a night!) so we want to find somewhere cool to go for a little less. Sounds like this place isn't exactly cheap but it looks awesome - so we may have to look into it! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Glad you liked Gymboree - I know it's one of the highlights of Ashley's weeks now - she just LOVES it.