Saturday, July 5, 2008

Quite the Week!

We had a great week leading up to the 4th of July. Last Sunday, my mom, Amber, Will, Emerson and I all went out to Olathe to Amber's parent's neighborhood pool. Amber lent us Will's tube thing that has a built in shade cover. It's the coolest thing. Emerson loved the water (again) and we had a great time just hanging out.


Grandma Margaret making Emerson nice and warm.


Later that night at Sunday night dinner, I went a bit crazy with the camera. In my defense, Emerson had on what could quite possibly have been the cutest outfit ever... She's sitting up really well now and I hardly have to keep my hands nearby in case she falls backwards. (But I do just in case... ;)


Not sure what this face is...!


I had to get a shot of the back of her tank top. Seriously, cuter...




This past week my mom and I got to watch Will all week. It was so much fun to spend that much time with him. When Will was born, I called him the new love of my life. He was the first grandchild on both sides of the family and if I went a couple of days without seeing him, I think I had withdrawls. Needless to say, he was a bit smothered by his Aunt Carrie but since I had "Baby Emerson" as he calls her, I've had to divert my attention. It was so much fun hanging out with him and spending so much time with him and "getting to know" him again. He is such a smart and fun little boy- we are so lucky to have him in our lives.

Mornings are the best time!

Will and Baby Emerson watching Shrek the Third on Monday morning.


Emerson's new favorite pasttime is watching Phoebe "beg." As soon as I learn to upload videos, we have the best video of this...



Hanging out on Grandma's bed after naptime.



I'll update on the rest of our busy week soon.


Congratulations are in order to the Hoyt family, by the way! I'll let Katie's blog do the introductions and give specifics, but all are doing great and the new family of FIVE are doing well!!! Love you guys!!!

2 comments:

dana said...

I love the baby halter. I love it when Courtney wears non-onesie clothes! I may need a Katie update before she can post. Is everyone doing well??

Carrie said...

I got that halter at Target for 4 bucks or something. I agree- onesies are so 5 months ago... ;)