The day after my graduation we left for Lawrence for the weekend as a last family of 4 getaway. We knew after the baby came we wouldn't be getting out as much. A friend told us that on our way to Lawrence there was a Santa Train where you board a train for a couple of hours, ride around and get to meet Santa. I'd never taken the girls to meet him before (for numerous reasons) so this seemed like a perfect way for them to get to do that and not to have to wait in a crazy mall line. It was the most fun and I think it'll turn into an annual thing.
We didn't tell the girls about getting to meet Santa until we were on the train- they were super excited. I wondered if Easton might be a bit timid but they climbed right up on his lap and told him about the toys they wanted. It was adorable.
We went to our hotel in Lawrence and long story short, Ryan and I got what Emerson had the night before in the car. Sick sick sick. He and I were miserable that night but the girls had a great time just hanging out in our room watching movies. We'll redeem ourselves this Christmas as a family of 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment