Ryan is the sweetest thing- I knew he and my mom and the girls would be at the finish line but he calculated how fast (or slow) I was running and showed up around mile 8 with a poster that he and the girls had done. I circled around again and they were there at mile 10. I don't normally smile when running 13 miles but they sure gave me reason to.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
13.1
I don't have a bucket list, per se, but for some crazy reason or another, running a half marathon sounded like something I wanted to do. Since playing basketball and being in the police academy running had always been punishment to me. I've been dabbling in it since going to the gym these past few years and was able to run pretty decent milage. I got up to 6 miles and then got pregnant with Easton so that put the kibosh on that. My sister in law mentioned the Gobbler Grind Half Marathon the weekend before Thanksgiving and so I started training in August. I didn't care about times, my goal was to simply never walk. And in all my training, long runs and short runs and then the race itself, I never did walk. So for that, I'm proud. I set a goal, stuck to it, and did it. Check.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment