Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dress Up

So...turns out that my mom was brilliant in saving all of my old dance recital costumes.  They were the buried treasure discovered recently by a 3 year old who loves to play dress up.  Emerson had a BALL getting them out and going through them all. Brought back some great memories. She was in a hurry ("Mom- this is itchy!") so the pictures of her aren't the best but you get the idea.

This is the only costume I don't remember at all.

The 4th of July recital.

In this one I cried because I didn't get to dance with the boy I had a crush on in class.

Another 4th of July number.

I remember the dress, not the song.

"I'm a Little Indian." 
Emerson, not so much.

Ah, the Conga.

This one had something to do with blueberries, I think.

Ah, my favorite.  This was the father/daughter dance- "I Love You a Bushel and a Peck."
It's Emerson's favorite now too and she wears it around the house most days.

The next morning at breakfast.


Ryan and I (and Corey Brown Photography)  were secretly working on this...
Carrie- age 3
Emerson- age 3


My mom had a great mother's day when I surprised her with these.

1 comment:

dana said...

Wow! So, the last pictures were awesome!! How will I EVER throw anything away of Courtney's!! I love that you got all these great pics of E in your dresses!