Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tulip Time

For Mother's Day this year we decided to make the trip to Pella, Iowa where Ryan's sister's husband's family is from. (Got that???) It's where I met Ryan's parents for the first time and where Cole and Sarah got married but we hadn't gone for Tulip Time yet (it's pretty self-explanatory.) There are parades and beautiful tulips everywhere- basically a clean and classy Santi-Cali-Gon with flowers.

Emerson with Uncle Cole and Aunt Sarah. I guess to start the parade they have to clean the streets first.
In traditional Dutch garb.

Dad and Grandma and Grandpa Wood.




Watching the parade from the Van Vark apartment they rent out- a perfect spot to see the action.



Emerson got to ride in the Thomas the Train float with "Grandma Sue."  (Cole's mom.) 
She's still talking about it.

We rode in the back...

Sunday morning we just went around and took pictures of the girls in front of the beds of tulips.  Be-utiful.

Seriously.  I'm in trouble.








No comments: