Tuesday, August 3, 2010

San Francisco

Ryan got a new position at Cerner and long story short, he's been in San Francisco since the end of May. He comes home on weekends and his time should have been over quite a while ago but because he is so awesome (his words, not mine :) they keep wanting him to come back to do more consulting work. Anywho, to bribe him to stay in SF longer, they flew us out to spend the week with him. He still had to work during the day but the girls and I kept busy and we all hung out in the evenings. We were both nervous about the 3 1/2 hour plane ride but they were both surprisingly awesome. We had so much for Emerson to do on the plane and Easton just slept and nursed- pretty easy.

Easton Claire getting ready for the plane ride.

Emerson fell at the Water Park the week before and had a massive bruise on her forehead for the whole trip. Awesome. My parenting skills on display for everyone to see...

Watching "Pickano" as Emerson calls it. (Pinocchio.)

We drove into the city one night and ate at Fisherman's Wharf.

Okay, it was the Hard Rock Cafe. I know- totally boring. I'm not really a seafood kind of gal and Ryan had been to Fisherman's Wharf earlier in his trip and had gotten his fix of crablegs or whatever it was he ate. My dinner was awesome. Boring but awesome.

The things we let her do to keep her busy...

Easton's cute outfit I was glad she got to wear. It's cold in the city!!!

But in Walnut Creek, where we stayed and Ryan worked, it was perfect. It's about 45 minutes outside of San Francisco.

Ryan had a working lunch we were able to tag along to.

I took the girls to the Lindsey Wildlife Museum on Thursday while Ryan worked. It's a place where people can take injured animals and they'll take care of them. Emerson loved it.

There was a bald eagle that had an injured wing that I thought was pretty cool. She was more impressed with the rabbit. Go figure.




Emerson- "Look, mom! A tortuga!"

Me- "Right! A turtle!"

Emerson- "No, mom. A tortuga!"

How do you argue with that? I love her Spanglish...

At the airport coming home. The trip was a success and it's nice to see where Ryan has spent the past 10 weeks. 2 more and he's home for good... Ryan being gone this summer has taught me two things- that I don't give myself enough credit and I can take care of my babies by myself and do a great job. And 2- that I appreciate everything my husband does even more than I already did. We are three lucky ladies to have him working so hard to give us such a good life.

1 comment:

Micah and Beth said...

Glad you had a good visit and that Ryan will be home soon...for good. Easton has really changed and chunked up! Loved the story about Emerson and her spanglish!