Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas was a great one this year- we almost didn't make it up to Iowa on Christmas night but we braved the weather and made it in 4 1/2 hours (it should have taken 3.) It was a pretty scary drive on 1-29 but I'm glad we did it. It was fun getting Emerson some toys this year and she was a pro at opening presents. We wrapped all of her presents in Dora wrapping paper and she is still saying "open Dora's?"

All dressed up before a Christmas party.
Blowing out some candles...
Christmas Eve at my mom's after church.



Amber got the kids Christmas pajamas but Griffin had a diaper "issue" so he had to borrow Emerson's. He looks good in pink!

A gift from Grandma Christmas morning.

My mom also got Emerson her own "kitchen." She loves it and we've made some interesting meals together.

On to Red Oak- reading with Grandma Wood. I got her the Tag Junior book thing and she LOVES it. I highly recommend it. Saying "cheese" by all the presents- the presents get more out of control every year! So fun though!

Chris's Iowa Snuggie. Go Hawks!


Grandma and Grandpa Wood got her a Dora blanket that she LOVES and she kisses EVERYTHING these days so Dora was no different.



We put Emerson in her big girl bed on New Years Day night for the first time and it was pretty seamless. She never has gotten out of bed on her own (knock knock) and she woke us up about 4 times just saying "mommy...?" We just go in there and make sure she has her 2 pacifiers and Elmo and she goes back to sleep! Naps haven't even been an issue- she's been great. So- all that worrying for nothing! I know- talk to me when there's a screaming newborn down the hall... Until then!

2 comments:

dana said...

That is so GREAT that E's transition went well - I too am nervous, but probably won't tackle that until the summer. Cute preggo dress and I got Dora and Gabba paper (on sale after Christmas) for next year!

Micah and Beth said...

You look fantastic Carrie!!!! Miss Emerson is a beauty too, of course!