Tuesday, July 21, 2009

She's Excited...



...and so are we! That's right, Miss Emerson is going to be a big sister. We're still wrapping our brains around it!!! She's not old enough to explain things to yet but the shirt sure is cute.


So I'm due on Valentine's Day and I'm 10 weeks along. I didn't have ANY nausea with her and I'm feeling less than stellar these days. It's all taken me by surprise because I felt pretty great the last pregnancy. I wake up feeling alright but as the day goes along and 6 pm hits (about the time Ryan gets home. Maybe that's saying something... ;) I start just going downhill from there. I wish I could puke- at least then I'd have some relief. Ugh. I'd appreciate any suggestions you moms out there have- I've tried lots of different things. Eating carbs seems to be helping the most. There goes my 82 pound weight loss!!!

Anywho- like with Emerson, we're not going to find out the sex of the baby, much to my mom and sister in law's chagrin. It was just too much fun last time! So the guessing game begins. I think it's a boy...

Since the nursery is already gender neutral, we had planned all along to only do one nursery and just move Emerson when the time came for her big girl room (a bit sooner than we had planned, I might add!) She'll be going next door to our guest room. I think Ryan's going to get started on that project sometime in the fall after the yard work stuff tapers off. For those of you who have seen the guest room closet, you know that Emerson will be competing for space with my shoes. Not sure what do to with that problem yet... Her clothes already take up the majority of that closet so we're good there.

We haven't started on names yet, really. I have a favorite girl name but on the boy front, I think we're hosed. I have NO ideas for boy names. And asking Ryan's opinions for boy names I get suggestions like Juan or Harry or Chipper. So I think I'm on my own...

I think I've answered the majority of questions people usually ask. Oh, Emerson and peanut will be 2 years and 3 months apart. Not bad. Either way, they'll hate each other in no time, I'm sure!!! So think of me these next few weeks- I'm hoping the "honeymoon trimester" will be just that for me again this time. Fingers crossed...


I thought I'd include these as well. Today I took Emerson to the Lee's Summit theatre where they have a summer movie series of kids movies for $2.50. I heard the movie was Elmo in Grouchland (who she loves) so I figured, what the heck? If she didn't like it we were only out a couple of bucks. I didn't know when a good age was to take a toddler to a movie but now was as good a time as ever. So I packed up her sippy cup and some snacks (and the binky of course) and off we went. I packed the camera and just ignored the stares as I took a picture of Emerson during the movie...


The seats are old school and fold up. Well, as I quickly learned, 22 pounds doesn't begin to hold the seat down. She almost got folded up like a taco. I saw some other kids had some booster seat things so we went and got one of those and from then on, she was good! She sat through the whole thing and was just amazed- I think I watched her more than I watched the movie. So fun!




So there you go! The secret's out! I'm going to go nap while I can... Have a good one!

9 comments:

Mommy K said...

YAYYYYYY!!! Finally, it's totally official because it's on the BLOG! You'll be feeling better in no time and Peanut will start moving around...and, well, is there anything cooler than feeling your baby move!?!? NO! Congrats, again, a million times!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Wood Family! Exciting news. We'll be prego a few months together at least! I would down a bottle of Ensure every night-- the vanilla one is pretty good. Cheers to hoping you get to feeling better soon. XOXO!!!

Brandon, Kelly, Peyton & Kamryn Yoder said...

OMG...Congrats!!! We are so excited for you guys. Hang in there a few more weeks and I hope that things get better.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations, Carrie! That's so exciting!!! :) Justin says congrats too!

The Peschka Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! Emerson will be a great big sister as she seems more than a little excited in her pic :) I hope you start feeling better soon. The first trimester seemed to be the hardest. And, I LOVE that you're not finding out!!

dana said...

Congrats! I felt so guilty finding out 3rd party, but glad you can let the world know! I started feeling better when I got really busy doing something else, which may not be an option when you just want to sit around and eat carbs:), but I know it will be over soon!!

Mommy K said...

Oh, and I, too, am worried about your shoe space. I mean, I've seen that closet. YIKES! Good luck with that one...

Lyda said...

Congrats!!! So exciting!!! Sorry I didn't make it to the last playdate due to Ashley's illness, but let's plan another one ASAP!
Saltine crackers were my lifesaver through the entire first trimester (saltine crackers AND 15 extra pounds) oh well, they're worth it, right? :)
YAY!

beth said...

So...I would be a terrible detective. I don't know how I missed this post. My only excuse we moved that same day and didn't have internet up for about a week. I must not have scrolled down enough the next time I looked at your blog! I'm soooooo happy for you. Emerson is going to be a great sister!