Friday, February 27, 2009

It's not about me anymore!

I was talking to a wise man once (Ken Mac!) and I was telling him how I always get Emerson all dressed up anytime we leave the house and how I always look terrible. She hardly wears an outfit twice and I'm in the same pair of my brother's old sweatpants (that I swear will "mysteriously" disappear someday) and a hoodie. Ken, without hesitation, said, "Yes, but wouldn't it be sad if it were the other way around?"
Well said, Ken.
On that note, a perfect example from last Sunday Night Dinner and our getups...

Cute as a bug, Emerson.



And then there's me...

















(In that damn shirt again!!!)
















Oh well, as long as we're all happy and healthy, right??? :)

2 comments:

Mommy K said...

I hear ya, sister! I tried to go out with Matt and Carl last Friday in black, cropped knit pants, leg warmers and my LLBean mocs. They both forbid it. Ugh! I had to actually put jeans on. So uncomfortable!

the hortons said...

So true Carrie! I live in workout gear (it supposed to give me motivation) and pajamas (so I can sneak in shut eye when it's available), and the kids are usually dressed to the nines. What the heck!?! At least you look absolutely faboosh in your sweatshirt and sweatpants!