Grace Testerman turned 5 and she had a pool party so we could all stay cool. It was a couple of Saturdays ago when the heat index was 115 or something so it was a perfect day for swimming. Grace and I have the same birthday (the 9th) but we were also born at the exact time too, 7:32 am. Wierd. So Grace and I have a special connection and we always look forward to her birthday parties every year.
A rare time Ryan gets to swim with us!
Before...
and after!
Amber gave Emerson a faux-hawk. Cuter.
The best shot I could get of most of us. Brett and Kelly Brown with their son, Evan and daughter, Ashley; Amber, Jonathan and Will and Ryan and Emerson.
Posing in her swim diaper. Trying to dress a wet baby into dry clothes is by far the worst part about swimming. Ugh!
Grace and her princess themed cake and decorations.
On that note, I turned the big 2-8 on Saturday. I had to work at Smokehouse from 2-10 but it wasn't bad because Jonathan and Amber came up and ate lunch and then a couple of hours later my mom came up and ate so it made the night go by faster. My sweet husband had one of my favorite dinners made when I got home and also had a little cookie sandwich with a candle in it. I also had presents to open from Ryan's parents and his sister and brother-in-law. They are always very thoughtful and send something ahead of time for me to open on my actual birthday. I'm not high maintenance at all....
Anywho- it was a great birthday. Here's me next to my pretty cake...
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Carrie! Love the cake...it looks almost to cute to eat.
Happy Birthday! Miss Emerson is such a beauty. I can't wait to see her soon. I'll be calling sometime in the next couple weeks. Glad to see you're doing so well.
Post a Comment