Happy first mother's day to Stacy, Kelly, and my cousin Beth. I hope your husbands and baby girls spoil you rotten!
I also wanted to post a poem my Aunt Junia gave me at the baby shower she had for me. It's my favorite "baby poem."
Help Me Remember
Lord, help me remember, when I feel it's a chore,
The time will come when I'll hold her no more,
Asleep on my chest (the crib refused, the blanket, the pacifier, gone unused.)
What better place is there to lay her head,
Then against my heart, my arms, her bed?
For infants grow up and leave us behind
With only memories left to remind us of
midnight walking and predawn rocking
of soft, helpless babies unable to sleep.
So, Lord, make me patient and keep me awake
While I cradle this child, and don't let me take
For granted the moments I spend in the night
With this baby- your gift, my joy, my delight.
By Jan Dunlap
Love you Grandma Margaret!
No comments:
Post a Comment