Thursday, July 17, 2014

On with winter

The girls have always been very interested in all things Nolan; bath time, diaper changes, nursing, everything. We've always tried to include them in everything we could and Easton has especially taken to her new role as big sister. This was his his first bath in our sink, he actually didn't mind it too much.









I love this picture, shows how he's putting on weight and getting a bit chubbier.


He's already so much bigger and I think this might have been his last bath on the sponge in the sink. I love how his feet are up against the edge.




Multitasking.


I had to include these even though they were the worst days ever,  Emerson had spring break when Nolan was 7 weeks old and I felt guilty just sitting at home so I planned lots of fun activities for us to do.  One of the days was the free day at the zoo.  It was a total nightmare.  We had been on a free day before but it was a Saturday and so I thought since this would be a Tuesday it wouldn't be that busy.  Big mistake.  The crowds were brutal and Nolan basically cried the entire time.  We left after about an hour and Nolan cried the whole way home (which, unfortunately, was the norm.)




A few days later we decided to take the 5 kids to Sea Life at Crown Center.  THIS time around, I thought, I'll pump a bottle for Nolan and when he cries, I'll just give him a bottle!  Brilliant!  He started crying pretty quickly and so I gave him the bottle of liquid gold.  He wasn't having it.  It was like the girls all over again.  Wouldn't take a bottle.  It was awful.  So I sat in a dark corner in Sea Life nursing him (crying) while my mom and Amber took the other kids around.  I was so upset he wouldn't just take a bottle like normal.  However, these 2 awful days only make me appreciate the strides we've made.


Grandma and Grandpa Wood came down for another visit right about the time he started smiling so that was a nice surprise for them.


We celebrated Easton's birthday with the Woods and they got her her very own bicycle.  She was SUPER excited to have her own bike just like big sister.                                                            


A shot of the girls playing well together....  I think they were playing school.  These moments melt my heart.

My favorite picture of Nolan thus far- oh my goodness.  2 months old!!!


This is great, Ryan and I were each doing our own things, I was in the kitchen, he was back in our bedroom.  We each happen to walk into the living room at the same time and see Nolan on the ground doing this.  My babies don't fall asleep unless they're attached to my breast so I literally thought he was dead.  Like, rushed over to him and laid my ear on his belly.  Then shook him until he moved.  There's certainly a first for everything.  Glad I got a picture.



Emerson, my little mama.  She LOVES helping and really does a great job.

Straining his neck to see baseball on TV.  Ryan's started him early.


No comments: