Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011

Our family pic at the Christmas church service at Walnut Gardens. Unfortunately we've found ourselves being more C & E churchgoers but we're just chalking it up to having two little kids. As they get older hopefully it'll get easier (and more enjoyable for us) to go to church more often.

Emerson gazing at Elfie, our Elf on a Shelf. Between Elfie and the girls' countdown chocolate and the two advent calendars, bedtime seems to take hours in December...

Ryan's started a tradition of actually making the cookies for Santa.  In my house I think Santa just got Chips Ahoy but Ryan scoffed at the idea.  I just stood back and took lots of pictures.



And the icing is from scratch.  Didn't even know you could do such a thing,  Our girls are so lucky to have the dad they do.



These are Emerson's fancy earrings.  As Amber told her, "you look like a pretty 70 year old!"           

Our Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's house.  So fancy.                                                                    


Easton is obviously perplexed about something she got in her stocking.                                         

Oh the cousins in their matching pjs.  I know these days are numbered so I'm enjoying it every year it lasts.                                                                                                                                                         

This is so Easton- opening up a gift with one hand and eating something (anything) with the other.    

I can only imagine the bossy thing she's telling Will in this pose du jour.                                              

Grandma Margaret got her a new bike for Christmas.  I think she was in shock.                                   

But Amber got the biggest hug for the Tinkerbell book she got for her.  It was a hit.                            



Santa left the girls a trampoline.                                                                                                              

Our Monkey Bread Christmas morning tradition my mom started years ago that was so fun to start with my little family.  Makes me feel old...  But happy.                                                      


Christmas was a great one this year and with the new member of our family it reminds me of what's truly important day to day- the relationships we keep with friends and family. Here's to seeing more of you who I love in 2012.

No comments: