Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hodge Podge

Emerson likes to just randomly yell these days. It's still in the cute phase, I'm sure that'll change after Baby Wood comes. She was excited about something the other day after a shower and she was telling me all about it. Aww, to such a sweet face. We were playing peek a boo.



My 20 week belly shot. I'm not ready to show the bare belly yet... Too soon...

And an artsy shot of Phoebes.

Last night Emerson and I were hanging out on the couch and she started saying "bayou" which is Emerson speak for spider. She kept saying it and looking past me so I finally asked Ryan, is there a spider behind me? Sure enough, there was- it was crawling up the wall. Good girl! We told Emerson it went bye bye. :)

Emerson has learned all the names for people in my family but the way she says them is hilarious. Jonathan is "Dong" (Jon), Amber is "Aming", Will is the best pronounciation but it's more like "Weeeeeeill", Griffin is still just "baby". She'll go through our families randomly and start saying "Hel-lo (long pause) Mama. Hel-lo (long pause) Dada. Hel-lo (long pause) Keess (Chris)" and so on and so forth. When she can't think of anyone else she just looks at you and starts laughing. She is so fun these days.

Oh, and the other night she went over to Will and plugged his nose and said "Pee-eww." I taught her that one...

I bought her a potty chair just to start the very, very early stages of potty training. I figure I'll just set it in the bathroom and see what happens. We'll see. Wish us luck!!!!

1 comment:

Mommy K said...

I'm with you on the get-the-potty-out-and-see thing. I think it helped Carter get used to the idea before we actually asked him to try it...he'd sit on it with his clothes on and we'd just talk about the big potty being Mommy's and Daddy's and the little potty being his special potty. Funny thing is: he prefers going in the big potty only now. Hmmm. ???