Thursday, August 13, 2009

I love my dog...


Well let me start by saying that everything is fine now and Phoebes is safe and sound and at home. But we had a scare, let me tell you. She was gone for a total of 24 hours and it was just AWFUL.
Monday night, we had let Phoebe outside around 8 and calling her to let her back in, she didn't come. We looked and looked but with no luck. Long story short there's an opening in our fence we thought was secure but I guess not. We went to bed around 12:30 after looking up and down our street and all through our backyard. Let me tell you, in 8 years I'd never gone to sleep at night not knowing where Phoebe was or that she was safe. It was awful. I woke up on Tuesday and my mom came over and we made these flyers and spent all day going door to dooor handing them out and taking them to businesses around town. I was crying at the UPS store where we made copies and the manager, who was helping me, teared up saying she had dogs too and gave me my copies for free. People were so helpful and nice to us.
Anyway, so that night I stood on the edge of my driveway and handed out the flyers to cars passing by while Ryan drove around the area and nailed the flyers to phone poles. Then a car drove by and as I was handing him a flyer he said, "you missing your dog?" Long story short, his wife has seen Phoebe the night before and had her. They live about a block away. Whew!

I'm a bad mom and didn't have her collar on her so I was just a sick mess. Luckly, she's home now and I have a new appreciation for my first baby. Go give your dog a hug, they mean more to you than you realize!!!

2 comments:

Brandon, Kelly, Peyton & Kamryn Yoder said...

I can totally understand! I am glad that she is back home safe.

Rebecca said...

Oh, Carrie! I can't imagine what you went through. I would be devastated if that happened to Lily!

I'm glad she's home and safe!

I remember when you got her at Graceland! :)