On her actual birthday she went and saw Dr. Powell, her pediatrician, whom I adore. It's a terrible picture of Miss Emerson but I wanted a pic of her with Dr. Powell. Too cute!
I'm not sure where I got this idea from but we planted a maple tree on Emerson's birthday and every year we'll take her picture next to the tree to watch how they both grow. Ryan and Nat had just planted it so it was a bit muddy, hence the "plank."
Spaghetti something or other for her birthday meal. The Bumbo tray isn't really serving its purpose anymore...
Phoebe had a field day with this.
Emerson in her birthday dress. Love that toothless grin!!!
The birthday table!


Mooching food off of Jen Cross.

She got some amazing presents- Katy Zimmerman made her this pillow. It matches her room perfectly. Thank you, Kate!
Katy Z. made her this dress too! I was probably saying, "Shut. Up."

Her first puffer vest from Uncle Cole and Aunt Sarah.

Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Amber got Emerson a baseball toy. Ryan's jealous that Will's getting a little brother he can play baseball with... That and that Jonathan gets TWO sons!!!

Grandpa Wood, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Chris. I printed off all of her "month" pictures and put them on the wall. Love it!

My mother in law made homemade cookies for the kids to decorate- it was a hit! Morgan and Ally did some great work!
Her first puffer vest from Uncle Cole and Aunt Sarah.
Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Amber got Emerson a baseball toy. Ryan's jealous that Will's getting a little brother he can play baseball with... That and that Jonathan gets TWO sons!!!
Grandpa Wood, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Chris. I printed off all of her "month" pictures and put them on the wall. Love it!
Miss Ava and Will checking out the loot.
My mother in law made homemade cookies for the kids to decorate- it was a hit! Morgan and Ally did some great work!
4 comments:
Thank you for the HUGE post...I sort of feel like I was there! She looked adorable (and got some really great gifts, too!) I can't wait to see you in a few weeks...it's been WAY too long!
Love you tons-K
That looks like the best birthday party ever! I can't believe how much of the cake she demolished!!! She was a busy girl! Glad you had such a great day!
I am good friends with Dana Hicks and I check your blog from time to time from the link on her blog. My husband, Matt and I both went to Graceland, too. I just love the picture of Dr. Powell. We go to him, too and he's the best! I also wondered where you had the big cake made? It is absolutely adorable!
-Meghan (Hardie) Sewing
Thanks for the huge post! We are so sorry that we missed Emerson's birthday party. It looks like it was a great time. Love the cake!! Also thanks for the gift bag for Peyton. We are in KC this year for Christmas, so we hope to see you guys!
Post a Comment