Monday, November 17, 2008

Shopping Girl

Last week I thought it was time to get Emerson out of the "bucket" during our grocery shopping. My mom (and Ryan for that matter) thought I was high maintenance for having the grocery cart cover thing. I believe she said, "How did you kids ever survive????" The very next day on the Today Show they did a survey of the dirtiest place kids are exposed to and shopping carts was on top of the list. They said 89% of the grocery carts they swabbed in Iowa had E Coli on them and that the carts were dirtier than public toilets!!!!! Needless to say I showed the Today Show bit to Ryan and he doesn't think I'm so crazy anymore. We went to Price Chopper yesterday I believe it went something like, hey, do you have that cover thing??? Man, it's a good thing our kids have us moms...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that was Hy-Vee you were shopping @ Miss Carrie, not Price Chopper! Hee Hee! See you Sat. :)

Brandon, Kelly, Peyton & Kamryn Yoder said...

We just bought one of the cart covers a couple of weeks ago before the Today show talked about how dirty the carts are. I agree with you that it is not a crazy thing to protect your kids when you can.